Here’s the 2020 Annual Report on my ClarinetMike Blog, ClarinetMike QuickTips, YouTube Videos, ClarinetMike QuickClips, Master Classes, Performances, and more.
- The ClarinetMike Blog remains one of the top clarinet blogs on the Internet. Google Search continues to report it as the #1 clarinet blog on a search of “clarinet blog.” Also, the ClarinetMike Blog is again listed as the #1 clarinet blog on the website, Top 20 Clarinet Blogs And Websites To Follow in 2020 (updated December 23, 2020).
- The ClarinetMike Blog featured 30 posts in 2020. There were 22,000+ views from 116+ countries on 6 continents with 34% of views outside the USA. (The blog did not get a view in 2020 from Vatican City as it did a few years ago!)
- Posted 34 ClarinetMike QuickTips: 67,692 views, 10 ClarinetMike QuickClips: 11,388 views, and 9 ClarinetMike YouTube Videos: 2306 views — a total of 81,386 video views
- ClarinetMike Blog + ClarinetMike Videos = 103,386 overall views.
- Taught 85+ online and in person clarinet master classes and clinics in addition to private lessons.
- Upper Midwest Tour 2020 in February [right before Covid!] featured recitals and master classes at the University of Michigan, University of Toledo, and Oakland University.
- Gave 4 World Premieres in 2020 and performed at the NACWPI/College Music Society 2020 National Conference (virtual) as a soloist and with Duo 35 (with saxophonist Todd Oxford), appeared on the Ryan Anthony “Song of Hope” World Band Project, and performed as principal clarinetist with the new Dallas Chamber Wind Ensemble.
- Upcoming Events for 2021 and 2022 include the release of a new CD, Postcards from Silver Lake, return as Clarinet Artist Faculty in Residence at the international Orfeo Music Festival in Vipiteno, Italy, and a recital & master class tour of Israel.
ClarinetMike says, “Happy New Year! Hang In There!!”