Hey! Most years I make New Year’s Resolutions and I’m sure you do, too! Below are some common-sense guidelines I came up with a couple years ago to help you (and ME!) make and keep at least some of them!
5 Simple Rules for Making New Year’s Resolutions
by Dr. Michael Dean “ClarinetMike”
- Definite. Try to do something specific by a certain date, like “Lose 15 pounds by June 1,” instead of “Get in Shape SOON!”
- Challenging, but Attainable. As the great John Wooden indicated (See HERE at about 30:45), goals should be difficult, but doable.
- Clear and Concise. Keep it simple.
- Just a Few. Getting a couple things accomplished this year is better than 20 things planned, but never done.
- Write it down. Put your resolutions some place that you can see them. Posting them near your work desk would be excellent.