NACWPI Rolls On! As a past president and former officer on the NACWPI National Board, I am proud to pass along the announcement below.
ClarinetMike says, “APPLY! And, check out the video below the announcement!”
NACWPI National Conference 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Call For Applications: Performances/Lectures/Clinics
The National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors (NACWPI) will hold its National Conference 2016 during the College Music Society’s Fifty-Ninth National Conference on October 27–29, 2016, at the Eldorado Hotel and Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. The 2016 National Conferences of the Association for Technology in Music Instruction (ATMI), and Pi Kappa Lambda (PKL) will also be held in conjunction with the CMS and NACWPI conferences.
Application must be electronically postmarked (email) by 11:59pm (CST) on March 25, 2016.
1. Applicants should send a detailed outline of the proposed presentation along with a one-page curriculum vitae. Professors and Graduate Students are welcome to apply.
2. The outline should state the category of the presentation(s) being proposed:
3. Lecture (25 minutes)
4. Clinic (25 minutes)
5. Recital performance (include performance times of works)
6. Performers (faculty ensembles are strongly encouraged to apply) should send an mp3 recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. While the works proposed are not required on the recording, the recording should provide a similar performance to that proposed. The recording should be a maximum of 15 minutes.
7. NACWPI is going green and the committee will only accept electronic submissions. These can be submitted as doc, rtf, or pdf formats (no docx, please), and recordings can be sent as mp3 files or links to websites. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
8. All materials will be adjudicated by the NACWPI National Board.
9. All participants in the proposal must be members of NACWPI.
10. NACWPI is not responsible for financial arrangements to support any group’s or individual’s expenses.
11. All performers and presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the nominal registration fee of 50 dollars.
12. Selected proposals to present and perform will be announced no later than April 22, 2016.
Send email submission to: email@example.com
For general information: CLICK HERE.