My son is heading off soon to attend university this fall as an entering freshman. And, I’ve been thinking about my days as a university student. I’ve decided to post a few SIMPLE recipes that taste great but are super easy to make for busy (and broke) students. (FYI, I posted a few of my wife’s fantastic recipes awhile back – click HERE.).
ClarinetMike’s Quesadilla de Cheapo
PREP: Go to grocery store and buy:
1. Pack of tortillas
2. Bag of shredded cheese (colby jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.) (shredded, as you don’t have time for shredding it yourself – DO NOT USE REED KNIFE on this!)
3. Little bottle of Chipotle Chili Pepper (in Spice Section of store).
MAKE IT: Take out 2 tortillas from pack
1. Get a handful of cheese and put it on one of your tortillas
2. Sprinkle some Chipotle Chili Pepper on the cheese (use lots if you like it hot like me!)
3. Put your second tortilla on top
4. Put in microwave until cheese melts
5. Roll it up and eat – consider dipping in a bowl of yummy salsa or guacamole
Also, there’s lots of videos on Youtube: Click HERE
Picture above is in public domain and found at: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NCI_flour_tortillas.jpg