NACWPI Rolls On! As a former president and officer on the NACWPI National Board, I am proud to pass along the announcement below that was posted yesterday on the National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors’ NACWPI Facebook Page.
ClarinetMike says, “APPLY!”
NACWPI National Conference 2015 at the
Washington Pavilion in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
October 11-12, 2015
We are very excited to announce that our conference this year will include performances and lectures at the beautiful Sommervold Hall and the Belbas Theater in downtown Sioux Falls, SD. As a special addition to this year’s conference we will board a bus at 1 pm on Monday October 12 to tour the National Music Museum in Vermilion, SD. There will be more info to come in the NACWPI journal, Facebook and LinkedIn pages as well as our web site: NACWPI.org. Sioux Falls is a prime location offering many services and restaurants while also being close to the airport.
Please consider joining us this year and I would encourage you to check out the museum and Washington Pavilion web sites.
Michael Walsh, President, NACWPI
Application must be electronically postmarked (email) by 11:59pm (cst) on May 2, 2015.
1. Applicants should send a detailed outline of the proposed presentation along with a one-page curriculum vitae. Professors and Graduate Students are welcome to apply.
2. The outline should state the category of the presentation(s) being proposed:
A. Lecture (25 minutes)
B. Clinic (25 minutes)
C. Recital performance (include performance times of works)
3. Performers (faculty ensembles are strongly encouraged to apply) should send an mp3 recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. While the works proposed are not required on the CD, the recording should provide a similar performance to that proposed. The recording should be a maximum of 15 minutes.
4. NACWPI is going green and the committee will only accept electronic submissions. These can be submitted as doc, rtf, or pdf formats (no docx, please), and recordings can be sent as mp3 files or links to websites. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
5. All materials will be adjudicated by a NACWPI committee.
6. All participants in the proposal must be members of NACWPI.
7. NACWPI is not responsible for financial arrangements to support any group’s or individual’s expenses.
8. All performers and presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the nominal registration fee of 50 dollars plus 8 dollars for the National Music Museum entry fee.
9. Selected proposals to present and perform will be announced by May 22, 2015.
Send email submission to : email@example.com