As mentioned in a PREVIOUS POST, LinkedIn is hot in the business world and a lot of musicians and music organizations are getting on it. The key thing about LinkedIn is that, unlike Facebook, it is focused entirely on business. I’ve noticed that many music people who are not on Facebook have profiles on LinkedIn.
This NACWPI LinkedIn Group joins NACWPI.org and the NACWPI Facebook group as an important place to get news on upcoming NACWPI events. Also, the group, as do other professional LinkedIn groups, provides a forum for NACWPI members (and others) to post and discuss topics related to wind and percussion performance and instruction.
The purpose of the NACWPI LinkedIn Group is to support the mission of NACWPI as detailed below.
Click HERE to visit and join the new NACWPI LinkedIn Group!
ClarinetMike says, “Check it out!”
The National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors is a forum for communication within the profession of applied music on the college campus. The Association is composed of university, college, and conservatory teachers and is dedicated to:
1) Encouraging and developing more effective teaching of wind and percussion instruments on the college level.
2) Providing the efficient interchange of information, ideas, and materials among the members.
3) Encouraging the publication, recording, composition, and distribution of good music for wind and percussion instruments.
4) Fostering the development and manufacture of the best in wind and percussion instruments.
5) Coordinating the activities of the membership with other groups having common interests.
6) Encouraging the performance of solo and chamber music in which wind or percussion instruments have significant roles.