One of the officers in NACWPI emailed me the below late yesterday afternoon. Notice that the application is now due on the same day as taxes in USA. (FYI, for all the latest announcements on NACWPI, join the NACWPI Facebook group HERE.)
ClarinetMike says: “Pay your taxes and apply for NACWPI 2014 by Tuesday, April 15!”
Deadline extended due to web site reconstruction!
Spread the word.
NACWPI 2014 Conference at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in St. Louis, MO
Saturday, November 1, 2014
In conjunction with the College Music Society Fifty-Sixth National Conference and the 2014 National Conference of the Association for Technology in Music Instruction
Application must be electronically postmarked (email) by 11:59pm (edt) on Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
1. Applicants should send a detailed outline of the proposed presentation along with a one-page curriculum vitae. Professors and Graduate Students are welcome to apply.
2. The outline should state the category of the presentation(s) being proposed:
A. Lecture (25 minutes)
B. Clinic (25 minutes)
C. Recital performance (include performance times of works)
3. Performers (faculty ensembles are strongly encouraged to apply) should an mp3 recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. While the works proposed are not required on the CD, the recording should provide a similar performance to that proposed. The recording should be a maximum of 15 minutes.
4. NACWPI is going green and the committee will only accept electronic submissions. These can be submitted as doc, rtf, or pdf formats (no docx, please), and recordings can be sent as mp3 files or links to websites. Contact email@example.com for more information.
5. All materials will be adjudicated by a NACWPI committee.
6. All participants in the proposal must be members of NACWPI.
7. NACWPI is not responsible for financial arrangements to support any group’s or individual’s expenses.
8. All performers and presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the nominal registration fee.
9. Selected proposals to present and perform will be announced by May 15, 2014.
Send email submission to : firstname.lastname@example.org