NACWPI Rolls On!! As a recent former president and officer on the NACWPI National Board, I am proud to pass along the announcement below that was posted yesterday on the National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors’ NACWPI Facebook Page.
ClarinetMike says, “APPLY!”
Dear Members and Friends:
Announcing the NACWPI 2014 Conference Performances/Lectures/Clinics
Ritz Carlton Hotel in St. Louis, MO
November 1, 2014
In conjunction with the College Music Society Fifty-Sixth National Conference and the 2014 National Conference of the Association for Technology in Music Instruction
Application must be electronically postmarked (email) by 11:59pm (edt) on March 15, 2014.
1. Applicants should send a detailed outline of the proposed presentation along with a one-page curriculum vitae. Professors and Graduate Students are welcome to apply.
2. The outline should state the category of the presentation(s) being proposed:
A. Lecture (25 minutes)
B. Clinic (25 minutes)
C. Recital performance (include performance times of works)
3. Performers (faculty ensembles are strongly encouraged to apply) should an mp3 recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. While the works proposed are not required on the CD, the recording should provide a similar performance to that proposed. The recording should be a maximum of 15 minutes.
4. NACWPI is going green and the committee will only accept electronic submissions. These can be submitted as doc, rtf, or pdf formats (no docx, please), and recordings can be sent as mp3 files or links to websites. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. All materials will be adjudicated by a NACWPI committee.
6. All participants in the proposal must be members of NACWPI.
7. NACWPI is not responsible for financial arrangements to support any group’s or individual’s expenses.
8. All performers and presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the nominal registration fee.
9. Selected proposals to present and perform will be announced by April 15, 2014.
10. Staff pianists will be available for collaboration with those performing solo works for instrument and piano. There will be no extra fee for performing with a staff pianist.
Send email submission to: email@example.com
NOTE: The picture of St. Louis above is in the public domain and can be found HERE.