I’m proud to announce that the National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors (NACWPI) will hold its national conference, NACWPI 2013, at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia on Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19, 2013.
NACWPI 2013 Application Procedures for Performance, Lectures and Clinics
Application must be electronically postmarked (email) by 11:59pm (edt) on May 15, 2013.
[UPDATE: Application Deadline extended until 12:01am on July 1, 2013.]
1. Applicants should send a detailed outline of the proposed presentation along with a one-page curriculum vitae. Professors and Graduate Students are welcome to apply.
2. The outline should state the category of the presentation(s) being proposed:
A. Lecture (25 minutes)
B. Clinic (25 minutes)
C. Recital performance (include performance times of works)
3. Performers (faculty ensembles are strongly encouraged to apply) should an mp3 recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. While the works proposed are not required on the CD, the recording should provide a similar performance to that proposed. The recording should be a maximum of 15 minutes.
4. NACWPI is going green and the committee will only accept electronic submissions. These can be submitted as doc, rtf, or pdf formats (no docx, please), and recordings can be sent as mp3 files or links to websites. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. All materials will be adjudicated by a NACWPI committee.
6. All participants in the proposal must be members of NACWPI.
7. NACWPI is not responsible for financial arrangements to support any group’s or individual’s expenses.
8. All performers and presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the nominal registration fee.
9. Selected proposals to present and perform will be announced by June 15, 2013.
10. Staff pianists will be available for collaboration with those performing solo works for instrument and piano. There will be no extra fee for performing with a staff pianist.